Wednesday, February 24, 2010

THE TRAVELING CAT MYSTERY SOLVED!

My father was a writer and I am a writer. Writing and reading are in my blood. My grandchildren love to read and I am so glad because reading truly enriches your life. We have bookcases in almost every room of our house loaded with all kinds of books, paperbacks, hardcovers, board books, books for all ages and all purposes. Books can entertain or educate. And some books even travel.


One book in our house does that. It is a board book, shaped like a cat, with a springy tail topped with an orange pompom, and big googly eyes. We have had this book since the granddaughters were very young. In recent months it has mysteriously begun to travel. Instead of remaining in the bookcase in our family room it somehow manages to move about the house, finding its way to a new location every morning when we wake. It is always somewhere between the kitchen and our bedroom. It is usually in the pathway but sometimes is in our bedroom or even in the bathroom. Every morning it is in a new location and no one knows how it got there.


At first we found this a little creepy, spooky, eerie or just plain strange. Last night however the mystery was solved. While my husband was brushing his teeth, preparing to go to bed, he heard a noise outside the door. Curious, he opened the door and this is what he found. He took a picture so there would be evidence to back up his discovery.


If you have a family of readers don't be surprised if your books begin to travel. Reading is contagious as you can clearly see! Even our pets are hooked on reading.

11 comments:

nancycl said...

Ohmigoodness, Shari, I thought I had a smart feline! Yours takes the cake...um, the book! I love it!

L. Diane Wolfe said...

That is too funny! Surprised my cats have not tried that yet, as they drag everything else around the house.

Cindy said...

Smart cat!

Susanne Drazic said...

That is so cute! Thanks for sharing the story and the picture.

Janet Ann Collins said...

Do you suppose the cat has taught itself how to read? This is so cute!

Cheryl said...

Well, the book is about cats after all. If I were a cat that is the book I would choose. LOL!

Cheryl

billkirkwrites said...

Very cute. Definitely a deer caught in the headlights look on its face. "Who me? No way! This thing jumped me as I was walking down the hall...."

Bill

Shari Lyle-Soffe said...

I promise you this photo was not staged. You never know what Buddy will do next. Right now I am searching for two chapsticks that he has carried off somewhere.

Shari

Connie Arnold said...

How cute! Looks like a good book for your cat!

Jack Foster said...

That Buddy is a character. In this case I don't think curiosity will kill the cat... maybe educate:o) Great pic!

Homeschooling Mom said...

That is HILARIOUS!!!