Here are the rules: Each player lists 8 facts/habits about themselves. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning before those facts/habits are listed. At the end of the post, the player then tags 8 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog.
1. I am a California girl. I was born in San Diego and grew up in Mill Valley in the redwoods. Now I am pulled between wanting to live at the beach and wanting to live in the woods. A split personality.
2. I read mystery cozies for relaxation. I just love a good crime-solving caterer, or the owner of a bed and breakfast who keeps stumbling over dead bodies.
3. I work in our church food pantry one day each week. It is heartbreaking to see so many people struggling to make ends meet just enough to feed their families, and so many homeless people in such a rich country.
4. I am thrilled to have two picture/storybooks out on CD, The Misadventures of Rooter and Snuffle and On the Go With Rooter and Snuffle. Promoting a book is a new experience for me. My publisher, Lynda S. Burch at Guardian Angel Publishing, has been very helpful.
5. For years I only wrote to vent my feelings and no one ever read what I wrote. My first public writing was two weather poems that the weatherman read on the air in San Diego. I think the yearning to write started there. Maybe it was the pinch of confidence that told me maybe I could write.
6. I was a painfully shy child. Coming out of the shyness has been a slow process. Now I am comfortable speaking in front of a group. Maybe not a whole auditorium full but a roomful of people.
7. My father, L. James Lyle, was a writer with United Press. He aspired to write for the stage but died before he had the chance.
8. My life has been most influenced by The Egg and I by Betty MacDonald, and A Place in the Woods by Helen Hoover. Those books are responsible for our move from Southern California to Southern Oregon. Mother Earth News convinced me we could live off the land. We couldn't. My dream was to live in the woods and write. I'm doing that.
I tag the following bloggers:
Kevin Collier http://kevinscottcollier.blogspot.com
Mona Pease http://www.monapease.com
Jan Fields http://www.livejournal.com/users/cute_n_cranky/
Mayra Calvani http://www.mayrassecretbookcase.blogspot.com
Tracy Walton http://tab-walton.livejournal.com
Bev Cooke http://bevnalabbey.blogspot.com
Lynda S. Burch http://www.shoutlife.com/lyndasburch
Cynthia Reeg http://www.cynthiareeg.com/blog/index.html